Honey Mustard Salmon Fillet



I love salmon and I love pecans, so you'd think I would love this recipe I found in the Costco Magazine, but I picked the wrong cut of salmon because of the price.  It's called "Fresh Atlantic Salmon Steak Color Added" and it looks like this:


The center bone was easy to avoid, but there were too many pin bones in the body of the fillet.  There is no way you can enjoy a meal when you're picking bones out of each bite.  I've added this to my "I won't do that again" page. The pecan coating was delicious but you can't make a meal out of that!  I will try this again, but with a different cut of salmon.

2 servings
10 calculated points

Torrontes, Chardonnay

Ingredients

  • 1 pound fresh salmon fillet
  • 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
  • ½ cup finely chopped pecans
  • Lemon wedges

Directions

In a small bowl, whisk together mustard and honey. 
In a separate bowl, mix together dill and pecans. 
Generously spread mustard on salmon. 
Evenly sprinkle pecans over mustard. 
Bake 10 minutes per inch of thickness to an internal temperature of 145°F. 
Salmon should flake easily with a fork. 
Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.

Comments