Marlene's Waldorf Salad

I like this salad because it is easy to prepare and incorporates chicken.  I used rotisserie.  However, I found the Ranch dressing mix to be very salty, so I served it on the side along with a bottle of Ranch dressing.  The pineapple chunks were a nice addition, one that I wouldn't have thought of
(or for strict grammarians, "one of which I never would have thought").

4 servings
12 calculated points



Ingredients
4 cups cubed, cooked chicken breast
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
1 Red Delicious apple, chopped
1 Golden Delicious apple, chopped
1 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup seedless red grapes
1/2 cup seedless green grapes
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
6 leaves lettuce, or as needed

Directions
1. Combine chicken, pineapple, Red Delicious apple, Golden Delicious apple, celery, red grapes, green grapes, and walnuts in a large bowl.

2. Whisk milk, mayonnaise, and ranch dressing mix together in a separate bowl until well blended.

3. Pour ranch dressing over chicken mixture; toss gently to coat.

4. Serve salad on a bed of lettuce leaves.

Comments